The Boat is located at Borneokade 52, 1019 AW Amsterdam
see map for location
How to reach the Borneokade?
By car: The Bed&Breakfast; Boat is conveniently located for arrival by car.
Take exit number S114 (Zeeburg, Artis. Centrum) from the ringroad around Amsterdam. Follow the signs (Zeeburg, Artis. Centrum), after 500 meters you drive straight into the Piet Hein tunnel.
After exiting the tunnel turn left at the traffic lights.
Again turn left at the next traffic lights. Straight on at the next crossroad.
In front of you you will see a Chinese restaurant called Havenstad. turn right and immediatelly turn left.
Drive till the end, turn right and after 50 m right again.
You are on the Borneokade now. The harbour at your left side and apartments on the right side. Another 70 meter and you will find our houseboat at nr. 52 on the left side.
After you have checked in and brought in your luggage you have two parking options:
1. You can park your car in front of the Bed Breakfast. A day pass is around 27,00. Sundays are free.
2. P+R "Park and Ride location"; Transferium Zeeburg Amsterdam. This will be a far cheaper option; for tarifs look on the website: www.parkeren-amsterdam.com!
Adress; Zuiderzeeweg 46a - 1095 KJ Amsterdam. situated next to the entrance of the Piet Hein tunnel
After parking your car at the P+R, you have to buy a return tramticket. With this ticket you can travel to the center of Amsterdam (don't forget to validate your ticket in the tram and to check out with your ticket before you leave the tram)
when you return to the parking, after your stay, to collect your car; insert your tramticket in the machine and you can pay!
Arrival by plane at Schiphol Airport:
If you arrive at Schiphol airport we advise you to take one of the frequent trains (20 minutes ride) to Central Station Amsterdam and then take the bus 48 . It's easy and cheap.
You can buy your trainticket at the airport and a busticket in the bus, or buy a public transport card at the tourism office (VVV) at Schiphol.
You'll find it in arrival terminal 2. The office opens daily from 7AM to 10 PM. There are four cards you can buy and which you can use on all trams, buses and subways in Amsterdam.
The duration of the card is real time. So it starts counting the hours from the first moment you stamp it.
You can also take a taxi from Schiphol airport. It's about a 24 kilometer drive from Schiphol Airport to the Bed & Breakfast. The taxi ride will cost around 45,- euro.
By plane, train and bike:
Depending on your luggage of course, it is also an option to rent a bicycle at central station and paddle to our houseboat. Another possibility is to rent a bike at MacBike which is located in the eastern part of the central station building. Rental start of at 12,50 euro a day (more days gets cheaper). From Central station it's about a 10 minute ride to the Bed&Breakfast; Boat (it's one straight road). Mac Bike opens from 9 AM -5.30 PM
- From Schiphol: train to Station Amsterdam Centraal, bus 48 leaves in at the bus platform on the 1st floor at the North side of the central station in the east direction to Borneo eiland (shows on the front of the bus). Be aware bus 48 runs east and west and central station is just a bus stop on the destination. Get off at the last bus stop at R. J. H Fortuynplein, which is on the north side of Borneo island. walk south till you get to the waterfront on the south side, turn right and after 200 m you will find our houseboat "Le Songe" at nr. 52
- From Schiphol: train to Station Amsterdam Zuid (7 minutes), bus 65, get off at borneolaan (30 minutes), walk 5 minutes to borneokade 52
Travel in Amsterdam
The best ways to travel in the city are by bike or by tram/bus.
- We have free bicycles at the B&B.; You can also rent bikes at MacBike (Central Station and other locations in the city.
- Bus 48. This bus departs from Fortuynplein at the north side of Borneo eiland to central staion.
- Tram 26 in the direction central station). The tramstop is at 7 minutes walking distance at Rietlandpark.
- Tram 10 in the direction of the museums; Rijksmuseum, Stedelijk en van Goghmuseum) and Leidseplein. The tramstop is at 6 minutes walking distance atthe corner oostelijke handelskade/ van Eesterenlaan near the shopping centre Brazilie!
We have a map available at our ship